Fiery Pumpkin Seeds
Makes concerning 2 cups
Shelled pumpkin seeds, often called pepitas, are readily available in Latin American groceries and also healthy food stores.
1 tsp wonderful paprika
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
1⁄4 mug olive oil
1 tsp Tabasco sauce
2 mugs shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat the stove to 400 ° F. In a little bowl, combine the paprika and also cumin. Blend in the oil and also Tabasco. Include the pumpkin seeds and also throw to coat.
- Spread out the seeds on a flat pan as well as bake till aromatic, regarding 5 minutes. Eliminate from stove, sprinkle with salt to taste, and trendy entirely before offering. These are best consumed on the day they are made but, as soon as cooled, they can be covered and also stored at space temperature level for 2 to 3 days.
Makes concerning 2 cups
In addition to being an excellent snack rupturing with taste, these spicy walnuts make a rich enhancement to Asian salads or stir-fries. If five-spice powder is inaccessible, utilize a mix of 1⁄4 teaspoon ground fennel seed, 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1⁄4 teaspoon ground star anise, 1⁄4 teaspoon ground Szechuan peppercorns, and 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves rather.
2 tbsps vegan margarine
1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
11⁄4 tsps five-spice powder
2 cups walnut cuts in half
- Pre-heat the stove to 325 ° F. In a medium pan, combine the margarine as well as oil as well as cook over low heat, mixing up until the margarine is thawed. Mix in the soy sauce as well as the five-spice powder as well as chef for 1 to 2 mins to mix the tastes. Add the walnuts and also throw to coat well.
- Spread the walnuts on a flat pan in a single layer and bake for 15 mins, mixing occasionally. Sprinkle lightly with salt, if using, and also awesome to area temperature before serving. These are best eaten on the day they are made but, when cooled, they can be covered and saved at space temperature level for 2 to 3 days.
Blossom Power Granola Squares
Makes 16 squares
Powered by sunflower seeds, along with cranberries, chocolate chips, as well as coconut, these granola squares make a delicious treat for blossom youngsters of any ages.
1 cup shelled sunflower seeds, lightly smashed
2 mugs quick-cooking oats
1 mug vegan semisweet delicious chocolate chips
3/4 mug sweetened dried cranberries
1⁄2 mug unsweetened flaked coconut
1 mug soy milk
2 tbsps vegan margarine, melted
2 tbsps agave nectar or syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 ° F.
Lightly oil an 8-inch square cooking frying pan as well as reserved.
- In a big bowl, combine the sunflower seeds, oats, delicious chocolate chips, cranberries, and also coconut. Mix well.
- In a tiny dish, combine the soy milk, melted margarine, as well as agave nectar as well as put over the dry combination. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Transfer the mixture to the ready frying pan as well as press it uniformly right into the frying pan. Cook until lightly browned around the edges, concerning 25 mins. Trendy for 5 mins on a cake rack prior to cutting right into 2-inch squares. Trendy entirely prior to offering. These are best eaten on the day they are made however, as soon as cooled down, they can be covered as well as saved at area temperature level for 2 to 3 days.
Four-Seed Bread Spread
Makes concerning 11⁄4 cups
I like to spread this high-protein spread on toasted Sunflower Artisan Bread. To vary the texture and also flavor, try adding some minced onion, environment-friendly onion, celery, or tomato.
1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
1⁄4 mug shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
3 tbsps sesame seeds
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 garlic clove, diced
3 tbsps tahini (sesame paste)
3 tablespoons water
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tsps fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon diced fresh parsley
1 tsp diced fresh chives (optional)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- Gently salute the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, as well as sesame seeds, then transfer them to a mixer.
- Include the flax seeds and garlic, and also procedure up until finely ground. Include the tahini, water, oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, parsley, chives, if utilizing, salt, and also cayenne and process up until smooth. Taste, readjusting seasonings if required. Transfer the infect a tool bowl. Otherwise utilizing as soon as possible, cover as well as cool until needed. Correctly kept, it will maintain for up to 4 days.